Monday, June 15, 2009

IS LOVE TRULY BLIND?

Hey folks. I’m kinda new to blogville. Been reading a couple of folks blogs, and I must say it does get addictive.

Back to the gist. I was at Debonair’s Pizza in VI Lagos, with a friend. Had gone round town shopping for clothes so we decided to grab a bite.

As were halfway through our food, I’m starring at the pizza and my surrounding, feeling quite “full” and tired too. Then my friend draws my attention to something. “Look, there’s Cobham”. And I see a handsome brother walk into the restaurant. But something looks odd. The guy is been lead by the hands of a female as they walk in. Then I realize ohhhhhhh he’s blind or in subtle terms, visually impaired.

So I watch the duo as the girl ushers him to his seat, he puts his arm around her, and theyre lost in small talk. That’s when I start to think, I’ve heard and I know it’s beyond the physical but this is just different. For those who don’t know Cobhams is a singer and songwriter in Nigeria. He was born blind, but is musically talented.

Then my dreamy mind starts to think. He was born blind so she definitely met him that way, what could have drawn them to each other. Is it real love, so love can be this blind? Waoooo. Folks it’s a different story if the guy turned out blind later in life, but this one kinda intrigued me.

XoXo!

2 comments:

  1. great talk...Cobhams is one of the finest....sublime !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I'd mind dating a blind guy. If he was really nice and he treated me well. I can be quite Gaga when I love someone deeply lol. Besides you don't need to look at someone to do some certain *eh hem* things. The hands and lips can do the looking and talking.

    ReplyDelete